At present Region VI has Student Sections at:
- East Carolina University (ECU)
- North Carolina A&T
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VA Tech)
- Western Carolina University (WCU)
Student Section Membership Benefits
- Interaction with safety professionals – ASSE members often attend Student Section meetings, and Student members attend ASSE Chapter meetings. This provides a link between employers and prospective employees.
- Membership in a professional organization
- Interaction with other students who have similar interests
- Job availability announcements – The ASSE Online Community offers a Career Center which lists job opportunities and allows members to post their resumes for viewing by employers. The Career Center also offers mentoring services provided by professionals.
- Professional Safety – Members may receive ASSE’s monthly journal, Professional Safety, at a reduced cost.
- Scholarships – ASSE, ASSE Foundation, and many of its Chapters sponsor scholarship programs involving Student Sections. The Foundation also sponsors research grants.
- Conferences – ASSE-sponsored conferences and seminars are available to members of Student Sections at a reduced rate.
Student Section Newsletters